When you want meatless tacos, try this roasted cauliflower taco recipe, which can be made in the air fryer. Making a cauliflower taco recipe can allow you to enjoy tacos without eating beef and cutting down on the saturated fat in your diet.
Cauliflower Taco Recipe
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 servings of 3 tacos)
• 4 cups cauliflower florets
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon Tajin
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 6 street taco size tortillas, I used Mr Tortilla low carb
• pickled red onions, for topping (see below)
• 6 tablespoons Peruvian Green Sauce, for topping
• sour cream, optional
• cilantro, for garnish
Pickled Red Onions
• 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rounds
• 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 tablespoon cane sugar or maple
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 bay leaves
1. In a medium bowl combine the cauliflower, olive oil, Tajin, smoked paprika and salt.
2. Spray the air fryer basket with oil and add the cauliflower, cook 400F 12 to 15 minutes until browned and tender, shaking the basket halfway.
3. For the pickled red onions
4. In a small saucepan heat the vinegar, water, sugar and salt until it boils and the sugar dissolves.
5. Transfer onions to a heat safe bowl with the bay leaves and pour liquid over the onions.
6. Set aside to cool then transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate overnight.
• Pickled onion recipe makes 8 servings.
• Onions will keep for at least 2 weeks.
NUTRITION (per 3 taco serving)
Click here for full cauliflower taco recipe.