Good weight loss plans require a bit of advance planning. I firmly that healthy eating requires newfound skills because of our current food environment. That’s why I wrote a book entitled “How to Survive in a World Designed to Make Us Fat and Lazy.”
If we just make food decisions on the fly every day, we will end up eating caloric fast food and much larger portions than our bodies need. It’s only a matter of time until we are overweight.
Good Weight Loss Plans Mean Good Decisions
On the other hand, good weight loss plans can lead to better decisions. The key is planning your week in advance. When I practiced law I cooked only on Sunday, since that was my only day off. I ate leftovers all week. It prevented drive-thru visits and kept me healthy.
I ask my clients to complete a Weekly Meal Plan each week and advise them that good weight loss plans will make a difference. Shopping and prepping for the week to come will mean that you make healthy choices no matter how crazy your week turns out.
I like this recipe because it provides a healthy breakfast all week. Just reheat the eggs in a microwave and you are good to go!
Veggie Skillet Eggs Recipe
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 6 medium or large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano or basil
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 cups fresh, canned or frozen mixed vegetables (green beans, zucchini, peas, corn, broccoli, mushrooms)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Beat eggs with pepper, oregano or basil, and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onions, garlic, and other vegetables and cook on medium (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until soft.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. With knife or spatula, lift outer edges of eggs so egg mixture flows to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. Top with tomato slices.
- Cut into 8 wedges; serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Nutrition (per serving)
Total Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Click here to get this recipe appropriate for good weight loss plans.