Healthy diet programs need to be convenient and fit into our lives seamlessly or they will be short-lived. We want meals that can be put together quickly and don’t require a lot of hard-to-find ingredients.
Healthy Diet Programs: Recipes You Can Make In 30 Minutes Or Less
Recipes that can be assembled quickly after a long day at the office are the linchpin of healthy diet programs.
Adopting healthy eating habits is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions across the world. But sticking to a healthy diet is easier said than done.
One of the best ways to ease into the habit is to eat more home-cooked meals so you can monitor and control what you’re putting in your body. And if you are worried that your busy schedule or long working hours might pose a problem, fret not. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be a fussy, time-consuming affair.
From hearty salads to a creamy casserole, each of these easy and healthy dinner recipes can be put together in just half an hour or less:
- Barley Salad with Strawberries and Buttermilk Dressing: Fiber-rich barley, fresh veggies and juicy strawberries make this easy-to-make salad both filling and flavorful. While the low-fat buttermilk dressing adds just the right amount of creaminess and tang. And it takes as little as 20 minutes to put it together. You can further cut down on prep time by cooking barley in a pressure cooker. Here’s the delish recipe. You might also want to check out this recipe for Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Salad with Kale and Artichokes.
- Roasted Rainbow Vegetable Bowl: This is probably one of the easiest (and most delicious) ways to load up on seasonal veggies. Tossed in Tahini dressing, the hearty veggie bowl is chock full of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. Meanwhile, roasting the vegetables not only enhances the flavor but also makes them easier to digest. You can also throw in your favorite nuts and seeds for added crunch and nutrition. Get the plant-based recipe here. These recipes for Sesame Chicken Rice Bowls and Jerk Prawn and Coconut Rice Bowls are also highly recommended.
- Fig and Blue Cheese-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin: The sweetness of dried figs and an apple glaze perfectly complements the savory bite of blue cheese in this elegant baked dish. Serve it with wild rice or steamed green beans for a scrumptious weeknight meal. Get the complete recipe here. You might also like this Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops recipe.
- Black Bean Burritos: With brown rice, black beans, guacamole and salsa wrapped in gluten-free tortilla, this healthier version of burrito will satisfy all your fast food cravings while giving you a protein boost. Here’s the easy-to-make recipe.
- White Fish with Sesame Noodles: This easy dinner recipe packs the goodness of spinach, fiber-rich sesame seeds and seabass that’s loaded with protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Plus, it comes together in just 20 minutes! What’s not to like? Check out the recipe here. And if you love all things seafood like me, you might also want to try these recipes for Lemon Red Snapper with Herbed Butter and Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp.
- Sausage and Mushroom Penne: Multi-grain penne, kale and antioxidant-rich mushroom make this hearty pasta dish more flavorful and nutritious. You can swap kale with arugula for an added kick of peppery flavor. Get the full recipe here. If you’re looking for vegetarian recipe ideas, this 5-Ingredient Avocado Tofu Pasta recipe tastes just as good.
- Chicken Thighs with Shallots and Spinach: Tender chicken thighs pair beautifully with the creamy spinach and shallots base in this healthy side dish. You can substitute sour cream in the recipe with plain Greek yogurt or hummus to make it healthier. Here’s the full recipe. I also tried and loved this no-fuss Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry recipe.
- Gingery Asian Noodle Salad with Turkey and Cucumber: Freshly grated ginger, ground turkey, snow peas and spices create a symphony of flavors and textures in this healthy Asian salad recipe. These recipes for Turkey Lettuce Wraps and Turkey and Rice Pilaf are also great for a quick and filling weeknight meal.
- Vegan Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice: Tasty fajita veggies and spicy cauliflower rice infuse this Mexican recipe with layers of texture and flavors. Check out the low-carb recipe here. This recipe for Vegan Tofu Scramble Kale Fried Rice is also highly recommended.
- Broccoli Quinoa Casserole: This lighter, healthier version of the classic comfort food is loaded with good-for-you ingredients like chicken, quinoa, Greek yogurt and vitamin C-rich broccoli—so you can dig in sans guilt. Get this healthy recipe here. I also tried and loved this Roasted Shrimp Quinoa Spring Rolls recipe.
Here’s another healthy recipe featured on a previous blog post: Chickpea Curry.
Click here for more recipes for healthy diet programs.