Healthy meal plans are the key to eating healthy. There is no doubt that if we don’t create healthy meal plans we will not eat healthy. There is just too much junk food, fast food and sweets everywhere we turn. When you first try creating meal plans, don’t be overly ambitious. Think fast and easy.
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Add this fruit salad recipe to your healthy meal plans. Dressed in a light and delicious honey lime dressing, it’s the perfect summer dessert. It only takes 10 minutes to make this dish and it’s perfect for bringing to a potluck. Naturally gluten-free and Paleo.
It is made with mangos, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, kiwis, and bananas, but you can use any fruit you like or that’s in season.
This homemade fruit salad recipe makes a big bowl, large enough to feed a crowd, and it’s perfect to bring to a potluck, picnic or serve at a family BBQ party.
INGREDIENTS (10 servings)
• 2 mangos, peeled and diced
• 1 lb. fresh strawberries, diced
• 1 lb fresh pineapple, diced
• 12 oz blueberries
• 12 oz grapes, halved
• 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
• 2 bananas, sliced
HONEY LIME DRESSING
• 1/4 cup honey
• zest of 2 medium limes
• 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 2 tsp poppy seed
1. Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl. Add bananas just before serving, so they don’t turn brown.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest, lime juice and poppy seed. Pour over fruit just before serving and toss to evenly coat.
• Cut the fruit into evenly sized pieces.
• Feel free to vary the fruits you use, but remember that anything soft should be added just before serving, like pears for instance. Don’t add anything too watery either, like watermelon.
• Add the dressing just before serving.
• Keep the fruit salad refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
NUTRITION (per serving)
Click here for a good recipe to add to your healthy meal plans.