Here’s a peach salad recipe to try. It is somewhat indulgent but a nice fruit-based treat for a backyard barbeque.
Health Benefits of Peaches
Peaches are low in calories (1/2 cup is only 39 calories), and contain no saturated fats. Nonetheless, they are packed with numerous health promoting compounds, minerals, and vitamins.
Fresh peaches are a good source of antioxidants and vitamin C which is required for the building of connective tissue inside the human body. Consumption of foods that are rich in vitamin C helps a person develop resistance against infections and helps to eliminate harmful free radicals that cause certain cancers.
BBQ Chicken with Peach and Feta Slaw
This summery crunchy slaw is guaranteed to find its way into your recipe rotation for the rest of the season. Using ripe, juicy peaches, it’s the perfect sweet-salty side dish for any number of grilled or smoked proteins.
Here’s how to make this peach salad recipe.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
• 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
• .38 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 1 ½ cups sliced fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
• 1 (12-oz.) pkg. broccoli slaw
• 3 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1-in. strips
• ¼ cup barbecue sauce
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
• 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
• 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Combine 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches and slaw to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add barbecue sauce to bowl; toss.
Divide slaw mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken strips. Sprinkle with chives, feta, and bacon.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Click here to read full peach salad recipe.