Quinoa salad is a great alternative when you get tired of eating greens for lunch every day. This salad can be whipped up in under 30 minutes. If you don’t have time to cook the quinoa, buy it pre-cooked.
Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe
Ingredients (serves 9)
• 1 cup dry quinoa
• 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
• 2 large carrots, diced
• 3 large celery stalks, diced
• 1 large red bell pepper, diced
• 3 green onions, sliced
• 3 Tablespoons minced parsley
• 1/2 cup rice vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons water
• 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
2. Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2 to 3-quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
3. While quinoa is cooling, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
4. In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
5. Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Try adding chopped cilantro or basil instead of parsley.
• No quinoa? Use bulgur instead.
Nutrition (per 2/3 cup serving)
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Click here for full recipe for quinoa salad.